We all go through rough times.
It may be a loss of job, loss of a loved one through death or breakup, loss of good health, loss of sense of self after a devastating blow or business or examination failure.
Whatever your particular loss may be at this point in time, I have come to realize that there are some basic steps that can help to smooth the transition to a “new normal”.
I recognized a pattern of behaviours to overcome tough times through my own life’s journeys down a rocky road that at one point involved being a survivor of gun violence.
My third book,”Bounce Back Better, 10(+1) Key Steps for Building Resilience” discusses the steps that all of us need to employ as we traverse this unpredictable, sometimes bumpy life pathway.
Out of the third book, I have developed and am developing a series of workshops that will soon be available. The workshops are entitled:
- Women’s Leadership Workshop: The Resilient Woman
- Girls’ Empowerment Workshop Series: The Resilient Girl (Ages 12 to 18)
- Boys’ Empowerment Workshop Series: The Resilient Boy (Ages 12 to 18)
- Men’s Leadership Workshop: The Resilient Man
The series are 12 part series based on the principles in my book, Bounce Back Better. Each workshop is specifically modified for the the selected audience. The workshops include specially designed workbooks and can be done as half day sessions (12) or whole day sessions (6).
The series :
- develops definitions of success and resilience,
- evaluates participants current level of resilience,
- provides and develops the steps needed for resilience and
- includes interactive exercises on faith, personal strength, social networks and higher values.
I am planning to host the various workshops online at some point in time and will soon make available an introductory video.
If you are interested in the workshops, online or offline, leave a comment below. You can follow my blog to receive information as it becomes available or leave your email address in the form below.